Teton Raptor Center is seeking a creative, independent communications intern to help share our mission to advance raptor conservation through education, research, and rehabilitation. The intern will be an integral part of the TRC team, working closely with the TRC team to craft clear and engaging communications. Intern will be expected tospend at least 10 hours per week on communications and marketing projects at TRC. Hours are flexible, and after an initial training period, many of the intern’s duties may be completed remotely.
The intern will be responsible for:
· Syncing social media content across multiple platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and SnapChat)
· Developing social media content
· Editing and updating website using a drag and drop interface (no previous experience with web editing necessary)
· Organizing photo and video content
· Other creative projects
· Must be sixteen years of age or older
· Ability to commit at least ten hours per week June through August, with potential for extension
· Experience using social media
· Strong writing skills, especially spelling and grammar
· Comfort with repetitive tasks
· Ability to learn new programs and interfaces quickly
Additional Skills (helpful, but not required):
· Photography and illustration
· Photo and video editing
· Website design and editing
· Proficiency reading and writing in Spanish
To apply, please provide:
· Resume or list of relevant experience in communications, leadership, teamwork or other activities
· Statement of interest (200-400 words) answering the following questions:
1) What excites you about Teton Raptor Center?
2) What skills and experiences prepare you to thrive as a TRC communications intern?
3) When can you begin the internship, and how many hours per week can you commit?
· Using information on our website as a guide (http://tetonraptorcenter.org/our-work/education/meet-the-birds/), create a sample social media post about one of our resident raptors.
· Writing sample (no more than two pages) or other creative work
· Contact information for two or three references (at least one academic and one extra-curricular)
This internship is unpaid. The intern will gain valuable experience in communications and insight into the fields of wildlife rehabilitation, research, and education. If the intern is a student, we will gladly work with his or her school to provide community service credit for completion of the internship.
· Applications will be accepted through May 1st, 2017. Final hiring decision will be made by May 12th, 2017.
· Please email application materials as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label your applications as follows: "First Name_Last Name_2017_CommunitcationsIntern.pdf" (Ex. Jane_Audubon_2017_CommunicationsIntern.pdf.).